Christmas Concerts in London, 2019
Our pick of the best Christmas concerts taking place in London in 2019. From classic Christmas carols to performances of major works by Bach and Handel, there’s a little something for everyone. Tickets for many of these concerts tend to get sold out fast, so we advise reserving your tickets well in advance.
Christmas Themed Concerts:
- December (mulitple dates): The Sleeping Beauty, Tchaikovsky at Royal Opera House
- December 4-5 – Christmas Singalong with Love Actually’s Gospel Choir & Santa on the canal at Paddington Central
- December 5 – The Magic of Christmas at Cadogan Hall with Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
- December 14 – Christmas Cracker at Cadogan Hall with Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
- December 15 – Grand Christmas Classics at Royal Festival Hall with Philharmonia Orchestra
- December 18 – Bach Christmas Oratorio, Kings Place
St John’s Smith Square Christmas Festival – 10-23 December 2019
This annual Christmas festival takes place in St John’s Smith Square in the heart of Central London. It’s set in a baroque church just a few minutes walk from the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey. The festival focuses on the great British choral tradition, with concerts taking place every day from 10-23 December 2019.
Christmas at St-Martin-in-the-Fields – December 2019
St Martin-in-the-Fields is located on the corner of Trafalgar Square. This beautiful baroque church hosts lunchtime and evening concerts throughout the year. It’s Christmas concert series features festive concerts during December. Many of these concerts take place by candlelight, and there are lots of family friendly events.
Royal Albert Hall Christmas Series 2019
The Royal Albert Hall is one of the most iconic performace spaces in London. It hosts the BBC Proms Classical Music Festival every summer, set in one of the most beautiful buildings in the city. The Royal Albert Hall Christmas Series features a wide range of genres, from jazz and gospel to carols singing, ballet and orchestral.
The Barbican Centre – Christmas Festival 2019
The Christmas Festival at the Barbican Centre takes place from 16 December 2019 to 1 January 2020. You’ll find a wide range of festive classics, popular songs and iconic film scores. Don’t miss the spellbinding performance by the Choir of King’s College, Cambridge!
Popular Works at Christmas:
Handel’s Messiah is loved by audiences worldwide for its dazzling tunes and moving settings.
- Dec 1: Cadogan Hall performed by English Chamber Orchestra
- Dec 6: St John’s Smith Square performed by Orchestra of St John’s & OSJ Voices
- Dec 9 – Temple Church, Colleium Musicum of London Chamber Choir Temple Players
- Dec 11: Barbican Hall, Freiburg Baroque Orchestra
- Dec 12: Royal Festival Hall, Philharmonia Orchestra
- Dec 18: Royal Albert Hall, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra & Philharmonia Chorus
Christmas Classics at The Royal Festival Hall – 14 & 15 December 2019
A series of afternoon and evening concerts featuring a classic selection of songs and carols to kick off the London Christmas Concert scene, including O come all ye faithful, Silent night, Hark! The Herald Angels Sing and more.
24th december 2019: midnight eucharist
Held every year at St Paul’s Cathedral, this is the annual midnight concert with congregational carol singing and music sung by the Cathedral Choir. Entrance is free and you don’t need a ticket, just show up on the day. St Paul’s have a range of different Christmas Concert events throughout December, held right in the centre of London.
Where: St Paul’s Cathedral
Performers: Cathedral Choir
More info: here