Maltby Street Market
Maltby Street Market is a small London market that is located south of the River Thames in Bermondsey. Every Saturday and Sunday you’ll find the street filled with food stalls, offering cuisine from around the world. There’s a young hip feel to the place, with lots of young Londoners taking a stroll through the market, giving it a vibrant and energetic buzz. If you are visiting on Saturday, it’s a good idea to combine a visit with nearby Borough Market. Or alternatively, Bermondsey tube station is located a 15 minute walk away, and runs on the Jubilee Line.
You’ll find ethnic dishes from all over the world!
- African Volcano – British Masterchef Grant Hawthorne and his wife create British-produced, Mozambique-style hot sauces that are considered to be amongst the best sauces and marinades produced in London
- The Beef Steaks – Bringing high quality steak to the streets of London, this stall democratizes the beef steak for everyone to enjoy
- Pic’s Peanut Butter – Aussie based Pic’s Peanut Butter make one of the finest peanut butter’s in the world, usually only natural ingredients
- Waffle on Markets – mouthwatering handmade waffles
- Jensen’s Gin: Located in the extension of the market, this is the distillery of Jensen’s, makers of one of the finest gin’s in the world