Yorkshire Dales Tour from York - 1 DayVisit the Yorkshire Dales from York on a one day tour of the region. The Yorkshire Dales is a national park famous for its beautiful scenery, picturesque towns, stunning castles and a breathtakingly
Available on Selected Dates from £42 per Person
Starts from York
Visit the Yorkshire Dales from York on a one day tour of the region. The Yorkshire Dales is a national park famous for its beautiful scenery, picturesque towns, stunning castles and a breathtakingly peaceful atmosphere. Highlights of the tour include visits to the towns of Ripon, Masham & Grassington, admiring the stunning scenery and waterfalls at Aysgarth, and a visit to Bolton Castle. This Yorkshire Dales tour is available on selected dates from York and includes a professional guide and transportation with a maximum of 16 people.
- Depart York and head into the Yorkshire Dales countryside passing through the small town of Boroughbridge
- Visit Ripon, a cathedral city with a population of fewer than 17,000 people. See the impressive stone cathedral and pass through the bustling market square
- Visit Masham, a vibrant market town situated on the banks of the River Ure, famous for its breweries and steam engines and annual sheep fair
- Continue the drive through the beautiful scenic Yorkshire Dales countryside, pausing to look at Middleham Castle and stopping in the town of Leyburn
- Stop for lunch in the village of Reeth, which is set in an extraordinary location on a plateau above a river, surrounded by hills and moors.
- The afternoon of this Yorkshire Dales tour from York begins with a visit to the 14th Century Bolton Castle. Learn more about its history and heritage
- Continue the drive through the stunning Yorkshire Dales countryside, passing picturesque villages and stopping to admire the waterfalls at Aysgarth Falls
- Visit Grassington, a picturesque market town. You’ll have free time to explore its local shops and pretty market square
- Return to York, admiring more of the Yorkshire Dales countryside along the way
- Tour departs at 09:15
- Departure point: Opposite Dean Court Hotel in Duncombe Place next to York Minster, Y01 7EF
- It’s important to bring comfortable shoes and rain gear
- The itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions, traffic or operational reasons
- A professional tour guide
- Small group tour in a 16 seater minibus
- Gratuities (optional)
Still have a question? Please Contact Us
terms and conditions
Booking is subject to terms and conditions of the tour operator. All passengers are advised to arrange travel insurance.