A Windsor Castle private tour from London is the perfect way to discover the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world. Our custom built private tours are led by experienced guides who are experts on the rich history of Windsor. Departing London in luxury transportation, spend a full-day tour and include a visit to nearby attractions such as Hampton Court Palace, Oxford, Stonehenge and more.
Windsor castle private tour:
The Grand Reception Room, Windsor Castle
Constructed almost 1,000 years old, Windsor Castle is amongst the most spectacular castles in the UK. It’s still in use by the British Royal Family. Highlights include the beautifully furnished state and private apartments, an impressive art collection with works by Rembrandt and Rubens, the world-famous Queen Mary’s Doll House and the breathtaking St George’s Chapel.
St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle
St George’s Chapel is where Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip were laid to rest. It is also where Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tied the knot in a wedding ceremony that was viewed by millions worldwide.
Windsor Castle is one of the King’s main residences.
Places to visit near Windsor:
A Windsor Castle private tour from London can be combined with other nearby attractions to make a full-day trip. Some possible places to visit include:
- Stonehenge, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with ancient stone circles that date back over 4,000 years to Neolithic times. See here for more information.
- Bath, one of the prettiest cities in England built in the Georgian architectural style. Visit the UNESCO Roman Baths and discover the impressive Bath Abbey. See here for more information.
- Hampton Court Palace, one of the most important buildings in Britain. The Palace was built in the Tudor style and houses an extraordinary art collection and magnificent 60-acre gardens that stretch all the way to the River Thames.
- Oxford, a city renowned for its pretty university colleges, gothic architecture and narrow streets. Visit Christ Church College with its dreamy cathedral spire, impressive tower and magnificent dining room which was used in the filming of the Harry Potter movies.
- Blenheim Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that was the birthplace of Winston Churchill. Discover the beautifully decorated interiors, stunning landscaped gardens and exhibitions exploring the life of Britain’s greatest Prime Minister.
popular Windsor castle itineraries:
- Windsor Castle, Stonehenge & Bath
- Windsor Castle & Hampton Court Palace
- Windsor Castle & Oxford
- Windsor Castle & Blenheim Palace
- Windsor Castle & Stonehenge
** Sometimes the State Apartments at Windsor Castle are closed due to official ceremonies.
**Please note that St George’s Chapel is closed on Sundays
All our Windsor Castle private tours are flexible and can be customized according to your interests. For more information, please contact us using this form below:
terms and conditions
Booking is subject to terms and conditions
of the tour operator. All passengers are advised to arrange travel insurance.