Our Winchester tour is ideal for cruise ship passengers looking for a transfer from London or Heathrow Airport to Southampton Cruise Terminal. We will pick you up from your hotel in Central London or Heathrow Airport and drop you off at Southampton Cruise Terminal with a 2 hour visit to the historic city of Winchester along the way. Explore the magnificent Winchester Cathedral and pretty city centre. On arrival in Southampton, you will walk straight to the check-in desk whilst porters take care of your luggage.
This service is available on all dates that Royal Caribbean, Oceana, NCL, Carnival, Celebrity, Princess and Disney cruise ships depart from Southampton Cruise Terminal. Our service is carefully planned so that you will arrive at the Cruise Terminal between 1:30-2:00 pm.
Winchester is a delightful English town with a long and colorful history. It was once the capital of England and has been connected with royalty for hundreds of years.
Visit Winchester Cathedral, with admission tickets included in our tour. This is one of the premier cathedrals in England, home to the longest nave in Europe. It has been the burial place of many Kings and Queens, and is where the wedding of King Philip of Spain with Queen Mary Tudor took place in 1554, better known today as Bloody Mary. It is also the resting place of the novelist Jane Austen, and boasts impressive stained glass windows and medieval architecture.
You will also have time to explore the pretty town centre, with narrow cobbled streets and many cafes. Winchester is also associated with the legends of King Arthur, and visitors can enter The Great Hall (admission not included) to see the round table.
You will have between 1.5 -2 hours to explore Winchester, before we make the short drive to Southampton.
- 07:00-08:15: Pickup at Central London hotels, air bnb and guest accommodation
- 09:00-09:45: Pickup at Heathrow Airport hotels
- 11:00: Arrival at Winchester – entry tickets are included to the Cathedral
- 13:30-14:00: Arrival at Southampton Cruise Terminal
*All times are approximate and depend on traffic conditions
Pickup from London
We pick up from all hotels within Central London. Your driver will meet you in the hotel lobby and assist with your luggage.
For London pickup locations see here
We can also collect from Central London vacation rental properties, Airbnb and apartments.
Pickup From Heathrow:
We pick up from most hotels at Heathrow Airport, and you can see a list of these hotels here.
If your flight is arriving on the morning of the transfer we can pick you up from one of the three hotels listed below, Please allow at least 2 hours from your flight arrival time. This will allow you to comfortably get through passport control, collect your luggage, and travel to one of the nearby hotels for a 09:00 am pickup.
Please head to the following hotels:
- Arriving at Terminal 1, 2 or 3: Park Inn Heathrow,
- Arriving at Terminal 4: Hilton Heathrow Terminal 4
- Arriving at Terminal 5: Sofitel Heathrow Terminal 5
- 2 items of hold luggage per person (maximum 23kg per piece)
- 2 carry-on items per person (maximum 10kg per piece)
Arriving in Southampton
On arrival at Southampton Cruise Terminal, we will drop you directly at the check-in desk. Porters will take your luggage directly to your cabin.
Book with Confidence
- Fully refundable and amendable up until 7 days before travel, with a flexible booking guarantee! You can view the booking conditions during the booking process, prior to confirmation of any booking
- If your cruise ship cancels for any date in 2023 we will immediately offer a change of date or a full refund, whichever you prefer
- If the UK reintroduces lockdown or quarantine measures, we will immediately offer a change of date or a full refund, whichever you prefer
Child (3-15 years)
terms and conditions
Booking is subject to terms and conditions
of the tour operator. All passengers are advised to arrange travel insurance.