South Wales Day Tour from CardiffOur South Wales day tour from Cardiff takes you to the best of the region. Highlights include visiting one of the most impressive Roman towns in Britain, the ruins of an ancient abbey, and
Our South Wales day tour from Cardiff takes you to the best of the region. Highlights include visiting one of the most impressive Roman towns in Britain, the ruins of an ancient abbey, and a spectacular castle. We will drive through the magnificent Welsh countryside along the way, getting a taste for Wales, its culture and its history. The tour is led by an experienced guide, and transportation is via a small 16-seater minibus.
This South Wales day tour from Cardiff is available every Wednesday and Saturday from April to September. If you are looking to travel on a Tuesday or Friday, then check out this similar South Wales day tour >>>
COVID-19 Update: This tour is currently unavailable
- Depart Cardiff at 9am, on this day tour of South Wales!
- Visit Caerleon, Britain’s best preserved Roman town. with a visit to the ancient amphitheatre and bathhouse. We’ll also stop at the National Legionary Museum which explores the history and legacy of the Roman’s in Britain.
- From here, drive through Caerwent, an ancient Roman village and travel beyond into the Welsh countryside, passing the Usk and Wye Rivers. Enjoy the dramatic landscape and scenery along the way.
- Visit Tintern Abbey, whose ruins inspired the poet Wordsworth and the artist Turner. Founded in 1131, admire the Abbey’s beauty and hear tales of its past.
- Enjoy the beautiful setting, with the possibility to have lunch next to the Abbey and take a walk along the banks of the River Wye.
- From here, visit Raglan Castle, one of the most impressive fortresses in South Wales, with stunning views over the surrounding countryside
- Return to Cardiff, arriving back at 17:30.
- Driver & tour guide
- Transportation in a 16-seater minibus
- Welsh cakes!
- Entrance fees to Tintern Abbey & Raglan Castle
Departure point: National Museum Cardiff
terms and conditions
Booking is subject to terms and conditions of the tour operator. All passengers are advised to arrange travel insurance.