Our Outlander shore excursion from Edinburgh is ideal for cruise ship passengers looking to spend a day exploring the filming locations from this hit TV show! Departing from Edinburgh Cruise Terminal, you’ll visit some of the iconic Outlander locations including Doune Castle, Linlithgow Palace and Blackness Castle. Our Outlander Tour is carefully coordinated with your ships arrival and departure times and is available on many shore excursion dates.
Outlander Shore Excursion:
- Start the day at Blackness Castle, a 15th Century medieval fortress. Blackness served as the setting for the Fort William headquarters of Black Jack Randall as well as featuring in the scene of Jamie’s incarceration.
- We then visit Linlithgow Palace, which served as Outlander’s ‘Wentworth Prison’. The royal palace was also the birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots and was used over the centuries as a royal retreat
- Our shore excursion continues to Doune Castle, the home of Outlanders’ Clan MacKenzie. Here, you can take an audio tour narrated by Sam Heughan (Jamie Fraser) as you explore the former royal retreat. The castle was also used as a filming location in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and as Winterfell in the pilot of Game of Thrones.
- Our final stop is the village called Royal Burgh of Culross. This picturesque spot appeared many times in Outlander and look like a flashback to the 16th Century with its cobbled streets and ancient buildings. You’ll have plenty of time to explore, including the biscuit cafe!
- At the end of this shore excursion, we will return you to your cruise port in Edinburgh
- We will pick you up at your port in Edinburgh. You can see more details regarding pickup points on the booking page.
- Transportation in a luxury coach
- A friendly driver/guide
- Entrance fees (you can purchase entrance tickets on the day)
- Food, drink
- Gratuities (optional)
Entrance Fees (payable on the day)
It is recommended to bring cash since some attractions do not accept card payments
- Doune Castle: £9.00 adults, £7.20 students, £5.40 children
- Linlithgow Palace: £6.00 adults, £4.80 concessions, £3.60 children
- Blackness Castle: £6.00 adults, £4.80 concessions, £3.60 children
These prices are valid from April 2019.
- Our shore excursions are carefully coordinated with your ships arrival and departure times, and we always ensure we get back to port on time. (In the extremely unlikely event that we can’t make it, we will transfer you to your next port of call.)
terms and conditions
Booking is subject to terms and conditions
of the tour operator. All passengers are advised to arrange travel insurance.
you might also be interested