North York Moors & Whitby Tour - 1 DayThis North York Moors and Whitby Day Tour departs from the centre of York, visiting some of the highlights of the region. Discover the pretty towns of Pickering, Whitby & Helmsley and enjoy
Available on Selected Dates from £42 per Person
This North York Moors and Whitby Day Tour departs from the centre of York, visiting some of the highlights of the region. Discover the pretty towns of Pickering, Whitby & Helmsley and enjoy the stunning North Yorkshire countryside on this small group day tour. The tour includes transportation with a maximum of 16 passengers as well as a professional guide and is perfect in order to get a feel for the countryside around the city of York. This North York Moors and Whitby Tour is available on selected dates throughout the year.
- Depart York at 09:00 and head into the Yorkshire countryside
- Visit Pickering, a pretty market town before driving into the heart of the North York Moors countryside, admiring the sweeping landscapes
- See Goathland, a pretty village situated in the heart of the North York Moors countryside. Its station was used as ‘Hogsmeade’ in the filming of Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone
- Visit Whitby, the iconic northern seaside resort town. Enjoy some free time to explore the town, including Whitby Abbey and the famous promenade. You’ll also have the chance to taste some of the local food, including fish and chips
- From here, head back into the countryside for the afternoon part of this North York Moors & Whitby tour
- See the 16th Century ‘Beggers Bridge’ in Glaisdale which dates back to 1619!
- Visit Helmsley, a pretty market town with free time to explore the market, visit Helmsley Castle or enjoy an afternoon tea in one of the many typical tea rooms
- Return to York, passing more spectacular Yorkshire scenery along the way
- An experienced tour guide
- Transportation in a 16-seater minibus
- Food and drink
- Gratuities (optional)
- Tour departs at 09:15 from opposite Dean Court Hotel in Duncombe Place next to York Minster
- This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 5
- The itinerary may change due to weather conditions, traffic or operational conditions
Still have a question? Please Contact Us
terms and conditions
Booking is subject to terms and conditions of the tour operator. All passengers are advised to arrange travel insurance.