A Loch Ness private tour from Edinburgh is the easiest way of exploring Scotland’s most iconic location. Our fully customized private tours take you into the heart of the Scottish countryside, known as the Highlands. We’ll visit breathtaking sites such as Glencoe, Rannoch Moor and Pitlochry. Led by an experienced and friendly tour guide, we offer transportation in comfortable 8-seater and 16-seater vehicles, with pickup and dropoff at your Edinburgh Hotel.
Loch Ness Private Tour
We’ll discover the legends of the Loch Ness Monster, known affectionately as Nessie! Thousands of people claimed to have spotted this mythical creature over the years, with the first sighting reported way back in 565 AD. Even today, there are people who devote their time to finding the Loch Ness Monster, although many believe Nessie might just be a big catifsh! In any case, Loch Ness is one of the largest bodies of water in the UK, that runs 22 miles in length, and is 750 feet deep. It’s located in the idyllic Scottish highlands, 170 miles north of Edinburgh.
On our private Loch Ness tours from Edinburgh, we usually visit the village of Fort Augustus which lies at the tip of the Loch, with time to take a boat cruise and walk along the shore. Alternatively, we can design your day to visit the ruins of Urquhart Castle, which overlooks Loch Ness!
Other Places to Visit near Loch Ness
Venture into the Scottish Highlands!
The journey between Loch Ness and Edinburgh involves driving through the dramatic Scottish Countryside, known as the Highlands. We take a circular route, with one main road leading to Loch Ness via Glen Coe, and the other main road returning back to Edinburgh via the Cairngorms National Park. This means we’ll have the opportunity to stop at some amazing locations along the way. This could include:
- Glencoe: The most famous valley in Scotland with sweeping panoramic views of the Scottish countryside. It’s also the site of a famous massacre that took place in 1692
- Callander: A traditional town that is known as the “Gateway to the Highlands”.
- Whisky Distillery: This region is famous for its Whisky, and we can stop at a Highland distillery to sample some of the local produce.
- Pitlochry: A pretty town located deep in the heart of the Scottish countryside.
- Scottish Farms: This region is filled with Scottish farmland, and we like to stop along the way to see the local wildlife. This includes the unmistakable Highland Cow, with its distinctive hair!
- We normally base our itinerary on our Loch Ness Group Tour. However, all our private Loch Ness tours are fully customizable according to your needs.
- Please note that our private tours last around 13 hours, and involve around 8.5 hours of driving to get to and from Loch Ness.
- Entrance fees are not included in our tour prices and can be paid directly to the attractions on the day. We find this gives you the most flexibility.
- Most of our guides are English and Spanish speaking, although other languages can be arranged
- Most of our private tours to Loch Ness from Edinburgh last 1-day, although we can also arrange a visit as part of a multi-day tour.
terms and conditions
Booking is subject to terms and conditions
of the tour operator. All passengers are advised to arrange travel insurance.