Our Lake District Tour from Liverpool Cruise Terminal is the ultimate way to spend your time in port! Discover the towns, villages and lakes that make up the Lake District, a UNESCO World Heritage area renowned for its breathtaking scenery. Stop in traditional English villages, visit the hometown of William Wordsworth, enjoy a cruise along Lake Windermere and more!
Our Lake District tour is available on selected dates. Pickup and dropoff are directly at Liverpool Cruise Terminal and the day out includes a driver and transportation.
- Depart Liverpool Cruise Terminal and set off towards the Lake District, with your friendly tour guide explaining the history and heritage of the area along the way
- Visit Bowness-on-Windermere, a charming town in the heart of the Lake District. You can even take an optional cruise along Lake Windermere (approx. £8.00 / $9.50).
- Head to Ambleside, a historic town home to Bridge House, one of the prettiest houses in the area
- Stop to enjoy lunch at a traditional pub which serves up a classic English pub lunch, or choose from the many bistros and cafes in the area. (Lunch is not included in the tour price)
- Take a drive into the Little and Great Langdale’s for the best views of the region. Weather permitting, we will drive along the “Little Switzerland” route, for stunning panoramic views
- Visit Grasmere, once home to the English poet William Wordsworth. Have a walk around the pretty village with buildings dating back to the 13th Century. Take a look inside Sarah Nelson’s Gingerbread Shop, a local landmark that serves the iconic English desert
- Return to Liverpool, and arrive with plenty of time before your ship departs
- Lake District Cruise Ship tour departs on selected dates, and our departure times are carefully coordinated with your ships arrival.
- Pickup is directly from your ship on the Liverpool quayside. Transportation is via a 16-seater minibus or a large coach depending on the number of passengers
- The tour includes tour guide and transportation. It does not include food, drink or tickets for the lake cruise (approx. £8)
- All our timings are carefully coordinated with your cruise ship’s arrival and departure times. We will always return at the end of the day at least 1-hour before “all aboard”.
On Selected Dates
Child (up to age 13)
On Selected Dates
terms and conditions
Booking is subject to terms and conditions
of the tour operator. All passengers are advised to arrange travel insurance.
you might also be interested