Our Lake District day tour from Liverpool is the perfect way to get from Liverpool to the Lake District to explore this beautiful region. Highlights of this day trip include visits to the pretty towns of Windermere and Ambleside, a stop at Dove Cottage where William Wordsworth lived and drives around the glorious lakes, peaks and valleys of the Lake District countryside. Our flexible team likes to customize each tour wherever possible to accommodate weather conditions and your personal preferences. The tour includes luxury transportation and is accompanied by a friendly and knowledgeable guide. This Liverpool to Lake District tour is available every day and is the perfect way to combine a large number of places in a short space of time.
Lake District tour highlights:
- Depart Liverpool at around 09:15 and drive through the beautiful English countryside towards the Lake District, passing Preston and Lancaster.
- Head to the Cumbria region and stop at Bowness for an optional cruise along the spectacular Windermere lake.
- Head to the pretty town of Ambleside, the site of the idyllic Bridge House and St Mary’s Church
- Drive into the stunning Lake District countryside to the Great Langdales and weather permitting conduct a loop of “Little Switzerland”, a stunning scenic route
- Stop at the New Dungeon Ghyll Pub and enjoy some tasty local food.
- Visit Grasmere, a village that the famous poet William Wordsworth once described as the “loveliest spot that man hath ever found”. Wordsworth lived in Grasmere for over 14 years and is buried there along with his wife in St Oswalds Church.
- Visit the local gingerbread shop and sample some of the delicious local delicacies
- Discover the Lake Districts literary connection to writers, artists and poets such as Beatrix Potter, John Ruskin, Alfred Wainwright, and Hugh Walpole.
- Return to Liverpool, arriving back at around 18:30
Pick up is at 09:15 from outside the World Museum, William Brown Street, Liverpool, (Postcode L3 8EN) Pickup can sometimes be arranged from other locations. The itinerary can sometimes change to due weather or traffic conditions.
- Luxury transportation
- A friendly guide
- Food & drink
- Optional Lake Cruise (£8.00 / $10)
Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
more about the lake district:
The Lake District is one of England’s most beautiful regions that has for centuries been associated with many of the country’s most famous poets, writers and artists such as William Wordsworth and Beatrix Potter. The region is also famous for its gorgeous countryside comprising of lakes, forests, mountains and fells including Scafell Pike which is the highest mountain in England. The region is also popular for its variety of wildlife, including the red squirrel which has the largest population in England, as well as many rare birds and endangered fish species. Traditionally an agricultural region of England, today tourism plays an increasingly important role in the areas economic prosperity, and the local population are known for their friendly and welcoming ways.
terms and conditions
Booking is subject to terms and conditions
of the tour operator. All passengers are advised to arrange travel insurance.
you might also be interested