Our Highclere Castle Shuttle Bus from London is the easiest way of getting to the filming location of Downton Abbey. The bus includes entrance tickets to the castle, grounds and Egyptian exhibition. Guides are present in each room to answer any questions. Departing London early in the morning, you’ll get to spend around 3 hours at Highclere Castle before returning to the capital in the afternoon. Our Highclere Shuttle Bus is available on selected days in July and August 2020 and includes enhanced hygiene and distancing measures.
This tour is fully refundable and amendable up until 14 days before travel.
The shuttle is not running in 2022. You can find our full range of Highclere Castle tours here.
- 10.45: Pickup from outside the British Museum (Great Russell Street)
- 11.15: Pickup from Marble Arch (outside the Hard Rock Hotel)
- 11.45: Pickup from outside Holiday Inn Kensington Forum (97 Cromwell Road)
- 13.00: Arrive at Highclere Castle
- 16.00: Depart Highclere Castle
- 18.00: Return to London Victoria Train Station
*All times are approximate and dependent on traffic conditions
- Includes return bus transportation
- Includes entrance tickets to Highclere Castle, grounds and Egyptian exhibition
- Fully refundable and amendable up until 14 days before travel, with flexible booking guarantee! You can view the booking conditions during the booking process, prior to confirmation of any booking
On Selected Dates
Discover the rooms used in the filming of Downton Abbey on a visit to Highclere Castle. It’s a 90 minute bus ride from Central London to visit the castle and gardens. The Earl and Countess of Carnarvon live partly in the Castle, which is why it is only open for public viewing on selected days throughout the years. On these days, visitors can enjoy walking through the gardens, exploring the castle and visiting the tearooms. The castle originates in the 17th Century, and the interior contains lavish State Rooms. A guide will be present in each State Room to answer questions, and many of the rooms appear in the Downton Abbey TV series, including the infamous dining room.
The Downton Abbey movie is being partly filmed at Highclere Castle. And beyond the TV Series, Highclere has seen fame for other reasons. In 1910, Geoffrey De Havilland made one of the first flights in aviation history from these grounds. And during WWI, it was used as a hospital for wounded soldiers.
terms and conditions
Booking is subject to terms and conditions
of the tour operator. All passengers are advised to arrange travel insurance.
you might also be interested