Game of Thrones Winterfell Tour from BelfastOur Game of Thrones Winterfell Tour from Belfast takes you to the filming locations used in the making of Winterfell and other key scenes from the TV series. This is a fully guided
Our Game of Thrones Winterfell Tour from Belfast takes you to the filming locations used in the making of Winterfell and other key scenes from the TV series. This is a fully guided tour from Belfast, accompanied by a tour guide who appeared in the show! Highlights of the tour include visits to the real-life location of Winterfell, a trek through Tollymore Forest and meeting the real Direwolves. There is even an option to dress up in cloaks, replica weapons and flying Stark flags for a complete Game of Thrones immersive experience!
Our Game of Thrones Winterfell Tour from Belfast is available on selected dates throughout the year.
- See the famous Game of Thrones locations that featured in series 1 to 7 on a fully guided tour from Belfast.
- Enjoy an immersive experience, with cloaks, replica weapons and flying Stark flags
- Learn about the making of Game of Thrones from your tour guide who has appeared in the show!
- Start the day with a visit to Inch Abbey, where King Robb ‘The young wolf’ was crowned ‘The King in the North’
- See Tollymore Forest which was used extensively as a filming location in Game of Thrones
- Enjoy lunch at a traditional Irish pub (lunch not included in price)
- Meet the real Direwolves! You’ll meet the dogs Odin and Thor who played the Starks’ Direwolf pups
- Visit Castle Ward Estate which was used as the location for Winterfell
The first stop on our Game of Thrones Winterfell Tour from Belfast is to Inch Abbey. This is the spot where the phrase “King in the North!” was declared after Houses of the North and the Riverlands swear allegiance to Robb Stark. This comes following victory at the Battle of the Whispering Wood.
Inch Abbey was founded in the 12th Century, and we will see the ruins as well as admire the stunning view of the River Quoile.
Tollymore Forest has featured as an important location in many different scenes. Our tour includes a 3km walk through the forest. You’ll get to see the bridge where the Starks discover a dead direwolf and her pups, where Wills finds the dismembered bodies in the snow and Jon and Tyrion’s tree, where they discuss life at the Wall.
Following the visit to Tollymore Forest, the tour continues for lunch at a traditional Irish pub. There is a variety of quality Irish themed dishes. Please note that lunch is not included in the tour price.
Spend the afternoon of our Game of Thrones tour from Belfast at Winterfell. In real-life, Winterfell is located at Castle Ward, and 18th Century mansion and estate. Over 10 Game of Thrones filming locations were created from this spot. This includes the gateway to Winterfell’s courtyard, Whispering Wood, Robb Stark’s Camp, the Baelor battle and when Brienne confronts the Stark men. Hundreds of actors and crew worked on key scenes over the years at Winterfell.
Meet the Real Direwolves
In the opening scenes of the pilot episode of Game of Thrones, the five Stark children each adopt a Direwolf puppy. In the making of the show, the production team used real Northern Inuit Dogs that look very similar to wolves!
You’ll get to meet two of these dogs called Odin and Thor as part of our Game of Thrones Winterfell tour from Belfast. These dogs starred as Summer & Grey Wind and you’ll get to have your picture taken with them!
- The tour departs at 9am from outside Visit Belfast Tourist Office, 9 Donegall Square.
- It returns to the same location at around 18:00
- Please bring comfortable walking shoes
- The tour is not suitable for children under the age of 16
- No cancellations are possible once a reservation is made
- A tour guide who appeared in the show
- Admission to Winterfell
- Lunch, food & drink
- Gratuities (optional)
Disclaimer: This Game of Thrones Tour is independently operated. It is not sponsored, endorsed, or affiliated with HBO or anyone associated with Game of Thrones.
terms and conditions
Booking is subject to terms and conditions of the tour operator. All passengers are advised to arrange travel insurance.