Edinburgh Day Tour by Train from LondonOur 1-day Edinburgh Tour from London is a great way to explore the Scottish Capital. This rail trip includes reserved train tickets from London to Edinburgh. Enjoy a full day in Edinburgh, including
Our 1-day Edinburgh Tour from London is a great way to explore the Scottish Capital. This rail trip includes reserved train tickets from London to Edinburgh. Enjoy a full day in Edinburgh, including a hop-on hop-off bus tour and tickets to Edinburgh Castle, with time to explore the old historic town centre. Depart Edinburgh train station in the late afternoon, returning to London in the early evening.
Our 1-day Edinburgh tour from London is available every day and offers excellent value for money. We also offer an extended 2-day and 3-day tour from London.
- 06:30: Meet our tour representative at King’s Cross Station, who will greet you at the ticket office and escort you to the train. Depart London on one of the most scenic and beautiful train journeys, passing through the Northern England and Scottish countryside. You train trip includes reserved seating, with an optional upgrade to first class
- 11:20: Arrive in Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland and one of the most beautiful cities in Great Britain. You will have the rest of the day to explore the highlights of the city
- Start the visit with a hop-on-hop-off bus tour to get an overview of Edinburgh. There are a total of 14 stops around the city, that takes you to all the main sights and attractions. An audio guide is included, available in 9 different languages. Stop at Holyrood Palace, one of the King’s official homes. See Grassmarket, the great historical marketplace, and drive into the historical old town. Pass by the National Museum of Scotland and historic locations like Waverley Bridge and Chambers Street.
- Our Edinburgh Tour from London includes entrance tickets to Edinburgh Castle. Built in the 12th Century, highlights include the Portcullis Gate, Argyle Tower, and the oldest Crown jewels in the British Isles. Enjoy sweeping panoramic views of the city from Castle Rock
- 17:30: Depart Edinburgh Train Station, arriving back in London at 22.18
- Return train tickets with reserved seating
- Hop-on Hop-off bus tickets
- Edinburgh Castle tickets
- Food & drink
- Tour guide
- Hotel transfer
- There are no storage facilities for prams or pushchairs
- Rucksacks/suitcases over 30L are not be permitted
- This is a self-guided tour
- Optional upgrade to First Class travel
- Please print all tickets for your return rail journey and attraction tickets
- Cancelled bookings up to 24 hours before travel receive a full refund
Best Things To Do in Edinburgh
Some suggestions on how to spend your day in Edinburgh, with a list of the top attractions in the area. From great shopping, to historical sites and amazing vibes, the hardest part will be deciding what to do first.
- Walk down the Royal Mile, which forms the main streets of the old town of Edinburgh. You’ll find narrow cobbled walkways, and stunning medieval buildings, along with lots of shops, pubs and restaurants in the area.
- The area is also packed with plenty of famous sights, including Edinburgh Castle, the Palace of Holyroodhouse, and the Scottish Parliament.
- You’ll find the 14th Century St Giles Cathedral, which is the principal place of worship of the Church of Scotland
- The nearby Scotch Whisky Experience offers 5* Whisky tours and tasting experiences. The Whisky shop contains an amazing 477 different kinds of Whisky, and there are even interactive screens to help you choose the right whisky for you!
- The National Museum of Scotland has 16 galleries and 8,000 objects on display. This includes several free exhibitions that explore the rich history of Scotland, through art, nature, design and technology.
terms and conditions
Booking is subject to terms and conditions of the tour operator. All passengers are advised to arrange travel insurance.