- Home >
- Tours >
- Tours from London to Dover Cruise Terminal >
- Dover Castle Tour from London & Heathrow to Dover Cruise Terminal
Dover Castle Tour from London & Heathrow to Dover Cruise TerminalTravel from Central London or Heathrow Airport to Dover Cruise Terminal, with a stop along the way at Dover Castle. This is a great way to enjoy some sightseeing prior to your cruise
Travel from Central London or Heathrow Airport to Dover Cruise Terminal, with a stop along the way at Dover Castle. This is a great way to enjoy some sightseeing prior to your cruise departure. We offer pickup from all Central London hotels as well as most Heathrow Airport hotels with transportation in a luxury air-conditioned coach.
From Heathrow Airport
Our group tour drives through the English countryside to the White Cliffs of Dover and the Battle of Britain Memorial. Stopping at an impressive viewpoint, it will then continue onto Dover Castle, where you’ll have two hours to visit the castle and grounds. There is also an option to head directly to Dover Cruise Terminal without stopping along the way.
Highlights of Dover Castle
- Immersive History: A visit to Dover Castle provides an immersive historical experience with the castle’s well-preserved structures and artifacts dating back to the medieval era.
- The castle’s iconic architecture, including its Keep and Great Tower, provide a glimpse into the art and architecture of the Norman period.
- The castle is also home to a network of underground tunnels used during World War II that were instrumental in the success of the Dunkirk evacuation.
- The castle’s strategic location atop the White Cliffs of Dover offers stunning panoramic views of the English Channel and the French coast.
- 07:00-08:15: Pickup at Central London hotels, air bnb and guest accommodation
- 07:00-08:15: Pickup at Heathrow Airport hotels
- 11:30: Arrival at Dover Castle – entry tickets are an optional extra
- 14:00: Arrival at Dover Cruise Terminal
Please note: If you do not wish to visit Dover Castle, you will be dropped off at Dover Cruise Terminal between 11:30-12 pm
*All times are approximate and depend on traffic conditions
Pickup from London
We pick up from all hotels within Central London. Your driver will meet you in the hotel lobby and assist with your luggage.
For London pickup locations see here
We can also collect from Central London vacation rental properties, Airbnb and apartments.
PIckup From Heathrow
We pick up from most hotels at Heathrow Airport, and you can see a list of these hotels here.
If your flight is arriving on the morning of the transfer we can pick you up from one of the three hotels listed below, Please allow at least 2 hours from your flight arrival time. This will allow you to comfortably get through passport control, collect your luggage, and travel to one of the nearby hotels for a 08:00 am pickup.
Please head to the following hotels:
- Arriving at Terminal 1, 2 or 3: Radisson Red Heathrow
- Arriving at Terminal 4: Hilton Heathrow Terminal 4
- Arriving at Terminal 5: Sofitel Heathrow Terminal 5
- 2 items of hold luggage per person (maximum 23kg per piece)
- 2 carry-on items per person (maximum 10kg per piece)
Arriving in Dover
On arrival at Dover Cruise Terminal, we will drop you directly at the check-in desk. Porters will take your luggage directly to your cabin.
Book with Confidence
- Fully refundable and amendable up until 7 days before travel, with a flexible booking guarantee! You can view the booking conditions during the booking process, prior to confirmation of any booking
- If your cruise ship cancels for any date in 2023 we will immediately offer a change of date or a full refund, whichever you prefer
- If the UK reintroduces lockdown or quarantine measures, we will immediately offer a change of date or a full refund, whichever you prefer
terms and conditions
Booking is subject to terms and conditions of the tour operator. All passengers are advised to arrange travel insurance.