Our Chester tour from Liverpool cruise terminal is the perfect way to spend your time in port. The trips lasts 5hr30m, visiting one of Britain’s most impressive ancient Roman cities. Highlights of the city include its ancient city walls, world-famous central shopping street and impressive cathedral. Take an optional walking tour of the city, followed by plenty of free time to explore.
Our Chester tour is carefully timed to coincide with your cruise ship arrival and departure times and is available on selected dates. Pickup and dropoff are directly at Liverpool Cruise Terminal and the trip includes a tour guide and transportation.
- Depart Liverpool cruise terminal on a 45-minute journey to Chester. Your friendly tour guide will explain the history of the area along the way
- On arrival in Chester, enjoy a 45 minute (optional) guided walking tour of the city. We’ll point out the main highlights of Chester, passing by ancient Roman ruins and through the city centre
- You will also receive an exclusive Chester city map, which includes coupons for many local shops and businesses in the area
- Enjoy free time to explore the city.
Possible places to visit include:
- The Rows, the most unique shopping street in Britain. It contains original 13th Century buildings, including the Three Old Arches in Bridge. You’ll find many unique local independent stores along this narrow and twisty street, and is a must for any visitors to the city
- Visit Chester Cathedral, which boats over 900 years of history. Climb to the top of the tower for panoramic views of the city
- Stop in one of the many traditional pubs in the area for lunch. Sample local produce and beer brewed for regional breweries.
- Take a 2-mile walk along the Chester city walls. These are the most complete Roman and medieval defensive town wall system in Britain
- Your guide will be happy to offer recommendations of what to do on the day.
At the end of this 5hr30m half-day tour, we will drive back to Liverpool Cruise Terminal. We will arrive back to Liverpool with plenty of time before your cruise leaves port.
Depending on when your cruise leaves port, you might also have time to walk around Liverpool (independently) and see the famous Beatles attractions.
- We offer a Chester half-day tour that departs from Liverpool Cruise Terminal on selected dates.
- Pickup is directly from your ship on the Liverpool quayside. Transportation is via a 16-seater minibus or a large coach depending on the number of passengers
- All our timings are carefully coordinated with your cruise ship’s arrival and departure times. We will not leave Liverpool cruise terminal without you, and will always return at the end of the day at least 1-hour before “all aboard” if applicable
- Times are correct at time of writing
On Selected Dates
terms and conditions
Booking is subject to terms and conditions
of the tour operator. All passengers are advised to arrange travel insurance.
you might also be interested