3-Day Lake District Tour from ManchesterOur 3-day Lake District tour from Manchester is a great way to explore highlights of the region in a short space of time. During your three day trip, you’ll see incredible mountain views,
Our 3-day Lake District tour from Manchester is a great way to explore highlights of the region in a short space of time. During your three day trip, you’ll see incredible mountain views, travel along narrow country lanes, take a cruise along Lake Windermere and visit many picturesque towns and villages. You will also visit the home of the literary icon William Wordsworth. Plus, our friendly guide will bring the region to life!
You’ll travel from Manchester to the Lake District via train. During your time in the Lake Districtand will travel in a comfortable 16-seater minibus with a driver/guide, and stay 2-nights in the market town of Keswick.
- Travel from Manchester Piccadilly Railway Station or Manchester Airport Railway Station to Penrith Railway station in the Lake District
- Meet your guide at the train station and depart in a comfortable 16-seater vehicle into the Lake District National Park.
- You’ll visit the northern shores of Ullswater lake, with an optional forest walk where you can see the Aira Force waterfall
- Continue to the town of Keswick. Here, we’ll visit the Castlerigg Stone Circle which is over 5,00 years old.
- We’ll drop you off at your accommodation in Keswick and you’ll have the rest of the day to explore the charming town
- We start the day with a drive south, through the winding Kirkstone Pass to Lake Windermere. Enjoy some incredible views of the Lake District landscape along the way
- Enjoy an optional cruise along Lake Windermere
- After lunch, we’ll visit Hawkshead, a picturesque village where the poet William Wordsworth attended Grammar School
- We will then visit Wordsworth’s home at Dove Cottage which he called “The loveliest spot that man hath ever found”. Be inspired by Wordsworth’s words in the very place they were written!
- You’ll also have free time to explore the pretty town of Grasmere, and perhaps taste some of the local legendary gingerbread
- Return to Keswick in the late afternoon
- Day 3 of our Lake District Tour takes you into Whinlatter Forest Park and over the Whinlatter Pass. Enjoy some of the most spectacular landscapes in the Lake District as we weave our way along windy narrow lanes
- We’ll make a stop to visit an old slate workings and visit Derwent Water where you’ll have free time for lunch and shopping
- Finally, we will drop you back at Penrith Station. Your Lake District tour comes to an end, with train tickets to Manchester Piccadilly or Manchester airport
- Travel in a 16-seater Mercedes minibus with air conditioning
- A knowledgeable and friendly driver/guide
- 2nd class return rail travel from Manchester Airport Railway Station or Manchester Piccadilly Railway Station
- Entry fees to visitor attractions
- Tour accommodation: You can choose to include accommodation on the booking page, or alternatively, you can book your own accommodation
- Check-in closes at 10:45am (tour departs at 11:00) – Manchester Piccadilly(Store Street) Pick Up, NCP Car Park, Store Street, Manchester, M1 2WD
- 11:22am train from Manchester Piccadilly Train Station. Please note that train times may vary a little. You’ll receive an email with the exact departure time before your tour
- On arrival at Penrith train station, you’ll meet your driver/guide at Penrith Train Station
- 16:29pm – arrival at Manchester Piccadilly Station
- 16:47pm – arrival at Manchester Airport Train Station
- Please bring waterproof clothing and walking shoes
- After booking your tour, we’ll contact you about your train journey
- You’ll collect your train ticket from the ticket machines using your bank or credit card and the ‘collection reference’ number we send you
- You can bring a maximum of 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) and a small bag for onboard personal items
- This tour is not available for children under 5 years old
- Please note all tours that depart on the 19th, 22nd, 26th, 29th July and the 2nd, 5th August 2021 will stay in Bowness-on-Windermere instead of Keswick
terms and conditions
Booking is subject to terms and conditions of the tour operator. All passengers are advised to arrange travel insurance.