3 Day Lake District Tour from EdinburghOur 3 day Lake District tour from Edinburgh is the best way to discover one of the most beautiful regions of the UK. Travelling in a small 16-seater executive minibus, and led by
Available on Mondays from £390 per Person
A small group tour
Our 3 day Lake District tour from Edinburgh is the best way to discover one of the most beautiful regions of the UK. Travelling in a small 16-seater executive minibus, and led by an experienced tour guide, our three day trip will give you a feel and flavour for one of the most quintessentially English parts of the British Isles. There’ll be time to explore charming villages, learn about the areas deep history, taste local cuisine and take in the breathtaking mountain and lakeside views. The tour departs Edinburgh every Monday and Thursday.
- Depart Edinburgh and start the drive down to the Lake District, passing the glorious Scottish hills and landscapes along the way
- Stop at Moffat, a pretty Scottish town that was once the centre of the wool trade
- Cross the border and enter Northern England. We’ll stop at Penrith, a former capital of this region that’s full of interesting and unique shops. You’ll be able to have lunch in this pretty market town, and also visit Penrith Castle, once an important defensive point against invading Scots!
- From here, we’ll enter the Lake District, and stop at Ullswater Lake, perhaps the most beautiful lake in the region. You’ll be able to take a short walk in the nearby forest and see the Aira Force Waterfall.
- The tour continues to Keswick. Visit Castlerigg, an ancient stone circle over 5,000 years old that is similar to Stonehenge. You’ll stay overnight in Keswick which is a typical Lake District market town.
- We start day two of this Lake District tour by heading south along the windy country roads to the southern point of Ullswater Lake, and from here onto Lake Windermere
- You’ll have the chance to take a relaxing cruise along Lake Windermere, or have lunch in the town.
- The afternoon is spent exploring Hawkhead, a charming little village. Visit Dove Cottage where the English poet William Wordsworth once lived.
- Return to Keswick in the early evening
- Our final day begins with a drive into some of the most spectacular parts of the Lake District countryside. Heading along the Whinlatter Pass, you’ll see sweeping landscapes and pass typical English country villages, along with slate quarries that once played an important part in the local economy.
- Stop at Derwent Water, another dramatic Lake, with time for lunch and shopping in the nearby town.
- From here, we head back north towards Edinburgh stopping in Biggar, an ancient medieval Scottish town.
- The tour includes transportation and a friendly driver/guide
- Entrance fees are not included in the tour price. This gives you the flexibility to decide during the tour if you want to visit or skip a particular attraction
- Includes 2 nights accommodation in a bed & breakfast
- The tour departs at 08:30am from Edinburgh Bus Station Pick Up, Gate J and Gate K, Edinburgh Bus Station, St Andrew Square, Edinburgh, EH1 3DQ, and returns at approximately 7pm.
Still have a question? Please Contact Us
terms and conditions
Booking is subject to terms and conditions of the tour operator. All passengers are advised to arrange travel insurance.