2 or 3 Day Edinburgh Tour from LondonOur 2 day Edinburgh tour from London is the perfect way to explore the Scottish capital on a short city break. You can also choose to add on an extra day and turn
Our 2 day Edinburgh tour from London is the perfect way to explore the Scottish capital on a short city break. You can also choose to add on an extra day and turn this into a 3 day tour break. You’ll travel directly by rail from London to Edinburgh with reserved seats on East Coast trains. Your first day in Edinburgh includes a hop on hop off bus tour, as well as entrance tickets to Edinburgh Castle, with an overnight stay in a 3* hotel. On day two, you’ll have free time to explore the city at your leisure. There are lots of exciting attractions you could visit, such as Holyrood Palace, the Underground Vaults and the Royal Yacht Britannia. You will then return to London by train. Alternatively, choose to add on an extra day in Edinburgh.
2 or 3 Day Edinburgh Tour
This is a self-guided tour which includes overnight accommodation in an Edinburgh hotel. You can also add on an extra night
- Depart from King’s Cross Station London at 7am, arriving in central Edinburgh at 11:22am.
- Enjoy a hop on hop off bus tour of Edinburgh. Get to grips with the city on an open top bus, passing by many of its most famous sites and attractions. You can hop on and off as much as you like on the first day
- Your first day also includes entrance tickets to Edinburgh Castle. Getting to the Castle is easy with the hop on hop off bus ticket. The castle itself dates back to the 12th Century, and your ticket includes admission to view the Scottish Crown Jewels, enter the Great Hall, see the Stone of Destiny and take in breathtaking views of the city bellow.
- Spend your evening in the Scottish capital. There are lots of bustling bars and restaurants in the city centre, as well as an array of nightlife activities such as concerts and shows
Your Edinburgh tour from London includes an overnight stay in one of the following 3* hotels (subject to availability)
- Central Edinburgh Hotel
- Murrayfield Hotel
This is a free day where you can explore Edinburgh at your leisure. There are many more Edinburgh attractions that you can visit on your second day or alternatively choose to take a tour of the city. Some suggestions include:
- For Royal fans, why not visit Holyrood Palace which is the Kings official residence in Scotland. Or head to the Port of Leith to visit the Royal Yacht Britannia which was used by the Royal family for 44 years!
- For thrill-seekers, explore the Edinburgh underground vaults and hear tales of the city’s ghostly past
- The Scotch Whisky Experience is a must for whisky fans who can sample a wee dram of Scotland’s national drink!
- At the end of your second day in Edinburgh return to London. Your train departs Edinburgh at 5.31pm, arriving back in London at 10.18pm. At the end of your third day, return to London by train.
Add an Extra Night
You can also choose to extend your stay by adding on an extra night to your booking. With 3 days in Scotland, you could choose to spend your second day on a day tour to Loch Ness & The Highlands, with the third day spent exploring the best of Edinburgh.
Your tour includes:
- Reserved seats on East Coast Trains, standard class
- Open Top Bus Tour
- Entrance tickets to Edinburgh Castle
- Overnight accommodation in a 3* hotel
Your tour excludes:
- Any other entrance tickets or tours
- Food, drink
- Tour guide
Choose to include the following upgrades
- Add an extra night accommodation in Edinburgh
- Hotel transfer – a transfer from your Central London hotel to King’s Cross Station. Please wait by the concierge desk in your hotel at 5.45am. (Applicable to clients staying in central London hotels only and must be pre-booked)
- First-class train tickets – includes refreshments served at your seat
- Once booked this tour is non-refundable
- Train seats are allocated on a first come first serve basis & not guaranteed together
- Please arrive at the train station 30 minutes before train departure
- This tour is self-guided
You will receive a confirmation email after booking. Please print all documents – train tickets and attraction tickets. You will need all these documents for your trip.
terms and conditions
Booking is subject to terms and conditions of the tour operator. All passengers are advised to arrange travel insurance.