The Book of Mormon is a nine time Tony award winning musical written by the creators of South Park. It is a religious satire musical that follows the story of two Mormon missionaries who are sent to convert the inhabitants of a remote Ugandan village. When they are there, the two young men are challenged by the locals lack of interest in their cause, who are more occupied with pressing troubles like escaping oppression from a warlord. Funny, quick and with great music, The Book of Mormon is shown from Monday to Saturday each week at the Prince of Wales Theatre.
About the Play:
The Book of Mormon follows the story of two missionaries, the talented and keen Elder Kevin Prince and the nerdy and lying Elder Arnold Cunningham who are sent to Uganda to convert a local village to Mormonism. However upon arrival they discover this to be not such an easy task. The villages are more interested in pressing concerns like AIDS, famine, poverty and an evil warlord, General Butt-Fucking-Naked. It will take great imagination, teamwork and inventiveness in order for the team to succeed in their mission.
Getting to the Theatre:
- The closest underground stations are Piccadilly Circus (500m away) and Charing Cross (550m away)
- The closest trains are Charing Cross, approximately 550 metres away, and Leicester Square
- Bus lines 14, 19 and 38 run services that stop close by the theatre
What to Know:
- This show is for ages 17 and up.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded once confirmed
- The Book of Mormon runs for approximately 2 hours 30 minutes