Ice Skating at Somerset House
Get into the festive spirit with ice skating at London’s Somerset House, open from 13 November 2019 to 12 January 2020. This has to be one of the most magical things to do in London over the Christmas period, and has become a wintertime tradition at Somerset House. 1-hour skating sessions are available throughout the day, and it’s best to book tickets in advance. There are also skating lessons for adults available at selected weekends during November and December and a separate skating club for children aged between 4 and 8. Ice Skating in London at Somerset House will take place between November to January 2019.
Ticket prices start at £7.50 but vary depending on the time of day. Expect to pay more during the height of the Christmas Period.
Ice skating in London at Somerset House is available every day from 15th November to 14th January except on Christmas day. The first session begins at 10am and the last session finishes at 10.15pm. During peak season, these hours are extended, starting at 8am and finishing at 11.30pm.
learn to skate
Adults and children above 8 years old
Ice skating in London at Somerset House lessons are available on selected weekends from 08:45 to 09:45. You can choose between a 3 session package or go for a single lesson with teachers from the National Ice Skating Association.
Children under 8
There’s a separate ice skate program for children between the ages of 4 and 8. The session lasts 30 minutes and children do not need to be accompanied on the ice during the session. It costs £9 per lesson.
- Each skating session is 1 hour long
- Aim to arrive at Somerset House ice rink 20 minutes before your session
- Ice skates are included in the price. Boot sizes are from child size 7 (approx. age 3-4) to adult size 15.
- There is a cloakroom onsite where you can store your belongings. The cloakroom costs £1 per 2 items
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied on the ice by an adult
- Remember to dress warmly and to bring gloves!