Getting to London from Stansted Airport is quite simple and there are a variety of options to choose from. Choose from a hassle-free private transfer to a direct train service on the Stansted Express route arriving in Liverpool Street Station. Alternatively take the bus to Victoria Station, with cheaper ticket prices than the train and often more convenient drop off locations. There are lots of hotels near Stansted Airport if you are looking to stay overnight before catching a flight the next day.
By Private Transfer:
If you are travelling in a large group, the easiest and convenient way of getting to London from Stansted Airport is to take a private taxi. A driver will meet you in the terminal and take you to your London address and 3-seater, 5-seater and 8-seater vehicles are available.
Price: £81 for 3-seater, £100 for 5-seater, £126 for 8-seater
The train is the best way of getting to London from Stansted Airport if:
- You want the fastest, most reliable and most comfortable public transportation method of getting into London, but are prepared to pay a little more than the bus.
- If you can get to your final destination in London easily from Liverpool Street Station, either by taxi or by underground.
- The fastest way to get to London from Stansted Airport is to take the Stansted Express. This is also the most comfortable and reliable transportation method of getting into the capital. The disadvantage of the train is that it’s more expensive and not that much faster than the alternative bus options. The buses also stop in places that tend to be closer to the major hotel areas of London.
- The train journey takes between 35-45 minutes to get into London and departs every 15 minutes from the train station below the terminal at Stansted. The service runs from 05:30 to 00:30.
- The train stops at two stations in London. The first is Tottenham Hale Station, which is situated in North London. It connects to the London underground on the Victoria Line which goes into London’s West End. The second and final stop is to Liverpool Street Station. This is located in London’s business district, which is not ideal for tourists. However, the station does connect to the underground on the Central, Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan lines.
- A typical 1-way adult ticket costs £16.60, and a return is £28.
The National Express Company operates a great 24-hour service, with several coaches an hour running from Stansted Airport to Victoria Coach Station, stopping along the way at Golders Green, Baker Street, Liverpool Street, Stratford, and Marble Arch.